devkitARM release 31

Latest devkitPro news and announcements
WinterMute
Site Admin

devkitARM release 31

Post by WinterMute » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 pm

I've just finished uploading the binaries for devkitARM release 31. As usual the windows binary is available through the Automated Installer/Updater, for other platforms check the devkitARM getting started page on the wiki.
  • updated to gcc 4.5.0.
  • list filename in ndstool file error.
  • win32 arm-eabi-gdb rebuilt with xml support.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

ritz

Re: devkitARM release 31

Post by ritz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Cool, thank you for the release. Are you planning on re-building the libraries (libfat, filesystem, default ARM7, etc.) with this release (gcc 4.5) and putting them up on sourceforge? Or is this an exercise left to the reader? Either way is cool, just curious.

AntonioND

Post by AntonioND » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I detected problems with some examples in emulators (I haven't tested them in real hardware):
-keyboard examples,touch_area -> doesn't detect the stylus press.
-touch_look, lesson10, lesson10b, paletted_cube -> They crash on no$gba, desmume_dev says "fifo full".

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:27 pm

ritz wrote:Cool, thank you for the release. Are you planning on re-building the libraries (libfat, filesystem, default ARM7, etc.) with this release (gcc 4.5) and putting them up on sourceforge? Or is this an exercise left to the reader? Either way is cool, just curious.
That's one of the main advantages of using C for system libraries - there's no need to recompile them to use them with updated gcc. Normally I just leave them until their next planned update. There'll probably be a libnds update in a few days, assuming things go reasonably well.
AntonioND wrote:I detected problems with some examples in emulators (I haven't tested them in real hardware):
-touch_look, lesson10, lesson10b, paletted_cube -> They crash on no$gba, desmume_dev says "fifo full".
There are currently some issues with a couple of keyboard examples I need to look at - they were broken before the gcc update. The other examples you mention all work fine on hardware so unfortunately it looks like I've broken emulators yet again :/

Personal Blog

ritz

Post by ritz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:29 pm

WinterMute wrote:That's one of the main advantages of using C for system libraries - there's no need to recompile them to use them with updated gcc. Normally I just leave them until their next planned update. There'll probably be a libnds update in a few days, assuming things go reasonably well.
What I really meant to ask was if you were going to simply re-build the libraries to take advantage of the new gcc 4.5 features/fixes (which I understand isn't necessary). Thanks for the info though.

P.S. I had no problems building and running my stuff with r31, btw.
P.P.S. Man, I wish I had more time, I really want to get back into it. Stupid work.

charlie01

Post by charlie01 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 pm

WinterMute wrote:
ritz wrote:Cool, thank you for the release. Are you planning on re-building the libraries (libfat, filesystem, default ARM7, etc.) with this release (gcc 4.5) and putting them up on sourceforge? Or is this an exercise left to the reader? Either way is cool, just curious.
That's one of the main advantages of using C for system libraries - there's no need to recompile them to use them with updated gcc. Normally I just leave them until their next planned update. There'll probably be a libnds update in a few days, assuming things go reasonably well.
AntonioND wrote:I detected problems with some examples in emulators (I haven't tested them in real hardware):
There are currently some issues with a couple of keyboard examples I need to look at - they were broken before the gcc update. The other examples you mention all work fine on hardware so unfortunately it looks like I've broken emulators yet again :/
Hi
I also have similiar issue with this
any idea when you fix this

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:26 pm

What issue do you have? As far as I know all issues are fixed barring emulator bugs which should be reported to the emulator projects, not here.

Personal Blog