Eclipse IDE

support for the ARM toolchain
Mbmax

Eclipse IDE

Post by Mbmax » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Hi there.

First i wish to say i'm not a coder and i apologize in advance if this post is out of topic here.
I'm a fan of homebrews on NDS and i'm sad to see less and less of these great projects appeared lately.
It's a fact, a lot of coders moved to the ios or android scene now.

Now Wintermute, i'm wondering if supporting the integration of eclipse as main IDE of the devkitARM could help a little some coders to come back to their first love.
I'm saying that because the android sdk uses also eclipse and those coders may be interested to port some of their creation easily using the same IDE.

I know there is already a guy who made my wish become true but his project is old now and never been updated. I'm talking about Snipah.com.

What do you think of that ?

nitrox

Re: Eclipse IDE

Post by nitrox » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi,

For what it's worth: I'm also using the Eclipse IDE together with the CDT and the plugin created by Snipah. And unfortunately, like you, I discoverd the plugin was no longer being supported (and slowly is becoming incompatible with the newer Eclipse platforms). I also missed a few things in the plugin that I really wanted to have (e.g. launch configuration that directly run the emulator with the nds file). That's why I'm started developing my own CDT plugin based on the DevkitARM toolchain. That being said, the process is slow. For me it is the first time I create an Eclipse plugin and although being well documented, it is all new to me. Learned a lot from Snipah's code though.

Currently the plugin is in an early-beta stage. You can use it to creates projects and compile code. And it currently is only supporting the win32 platform. If it is sufficiently ready for testing I'll add a new post with an attachment or a link to a download site.

Regards,
Nitrox

Mbmax

Post by Mbmax » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm glad to see that someone is still interested in this IDE for the dkp nds.
Thanks Nitrox.

jlkkljh

Re: Eclipse IDE i need a down load link for CDT

Post by jlkkljh » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

hi if you can send it to [email protected] it would be muchly appreciated/i also only know about variables anybodies help would be muchly appreciated :?: please i need the code piece and what it means :arrow: to (EDIT: the address above)

nitrox

Post by nitrox » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Attached is the first beta release of the Eclipse plugin for the devkitARM toolchain. Any problems/bugs found, simply post them in this thread.

The plugin is developed on a windows platform so be aware for platform dependencies. I've tried to eliminate them as much as possible. :roll:

Nitrox.
Attachments
NitroxTools.0.0.2.beta.zip
First beta release.
(66.08 KiB) Downloaded 554 times

Mbmax

Post by Mbmax » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 am

Hey nitrox, thanks a lot !
I asked a friend of mine, who code very often on eclipse, to test it. He or i will post you some feedback. ;)