Grit on Ubuntu

NorthMcCormick

Grit on Ubuntu

Post by NorthMcCormick » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 am

Hello! I used to be a part of these forums about a year ago, and I'm back having some motivation to dive into more development with the DS!

I am currently running Ubuntu (the only option I have, and it's not powerful enough to run a VM so windows or wine is out of the question) and I for the life of me can't get anything with grit done.

I have tried compiling grit from source, no luck (the repeating error below). I have tried every solution I can find here, but it seems they are all outdated. Can someone guide me in the right direction? This is the only thing stopping me from being able to program anything, I don't have graphics that I need!

Code: Select all

./libfreeimage.a(PluginRAW.o): In function `Load(FreeImageIO*, void*, int, int, void*)':
(.text+0x852): undefined reference to `LibRaw::LibRaw(unsigned int)'
./libfreeimage.a(PluginRAW.o): In function `Load(FreeImageIO*, void*, int, int, void*)':
(.text+0x8cd): undefined reference to `LibRaw::open_datastream(LibRaw_abstract_datastream*)'
(.text+0x935): undefined reference to `LibRaw::recycle()'

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Grit on Ubuntu

Post by WinterMute » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:35 am

Did you use the devkitARM linux binaries or compile the toolchain from source? The former is generally an easier option and should include a working grit binary.

I'm really not sure what's causing your problem but it seems to involve another library called libraw. How did you obtain libfreeimage? Did you use the grit source from the devkitPro repositories or from somewhere else?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog