Lesson1 and lesson2 doesn't show anything on my Wii

support for the powerpc toolchain
ctpii

Lesson1 and lesson2 doesn't show anything on my Wii

Post by ctpii » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:24 am

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this forum. I have successfully installed using devkitPro 1.5.0 installer.
I'm testing the sample codes in the examples\wii\graphics\gx\neheGX folder. This is awesome. But I have some issue with lesson1 and 2.
Lesson1 and lesson2 do display nothing on the screen. I don't think the program is crashed since I can go back to HBC menu pressing Home button on the Wiimote.
The examples in /filesystem, /gxSprites, /triangle, /lesson3 and /lesson8 are working fine (I haven't tried lesson 4,5,6,7).
I'm just curious about what would be the expected output of lesson1 and 2?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ctpii on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ctpii

Re: Lesson1 and lesson2 doesn't show anything on my Wii

Post by ctpii » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Hi,

Now I think I have an answer for my questions. Actually I didn't know that 'nehe' is tutorials on OpenGL programming until I got the toolkit quite recently. :) I'm totally new in this 3D graphics area.

I think Lesson1 is to setup the GX environment, and that's what it is. It doesn't show anything on the screen that seems okay.

Finally, I can get the output from Lesson2, but I have to build it with libogc-1.7.0. I don't know why, but nothing is displayed when it is built with libogc-1.7.1a. At least this is fine for me to start learning new stuff hopefully.

Thanks!
Last edited by ctpii on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Lesson1 and lesson2 doesn't show anything on my Wii

Post by WinterMute » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Sorry to take so long to reply, needed to wait for my turn to use the TV to check :p

Yes the neheGX examples are based on the nehe GL tutorials as you found out and lesson1 is supposed to be a blank screen. Lesson2 is supposed to be a solid white triangle and square but isn't working for me atm either - need to go check what I did wrong.

The rest of the examples work for me.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog