Help with example projects both screens and keyboard ?

mox

Help with example projects both screens and keyboard ?

Post by mox » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 am

I like the example project that lets you print to both the top and bottom screen, very handy.

"I can get example projects that use the keyboard (like examples/nds/input/keyboard/keyboard_stdin) to work ok."
"I can get example projects that print to both screens (like examples/nds/Graphics/Printing/print_both_screens) to work ok."

What I'm trying to figure out is how to use the keyboard on the bottom screen and be able to print text to both the top screen and the top part of the bottom screen (that isn't covered by keyboard) or anything at all really as a way to be able to do both of these things in the one example project. (any mode or screen settings whatsoever)

If there is a better example project I should be looking at I'm open to suggestions - I'm just trying to do a small text project with a keyboard in it, and printing to both screens :)

t377y000

Re: Help with example projects both screens and keyboard ?

Post by t377y000 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 am

source?
i looked at the examples not to long ago.

Almamu

Post by Almamu » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:41 am

You'll probably need to use consoleInit function once for each screen (using iprintf and printf for bottom, top writing).
About limiting the bottom text lines, you'll need to do that by hand.

GEMISIS

Post by GEMISIS » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:24 am

While not a direct example about this, you may find it useful to look at my project at the following link. Specifically, the "interpreter_debugPrinter.c" file may be of some use to you, as it's using the top screen for debugging, as well as the "interpreter_dsSystem.c" file because of the keyboard features used there.

https://github.com/gemisis/ASM-Interpreter

Hope this helps at least a little bit!

-GEMISIS