DLDI FAT_InitFiles() trouble

VanessaNaire

DLDI FAT_InitFiles() trouble

Post by VanessaNaire » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 am

I apologize ahead of time if I have placed this in the wrong section of the forum, or if for some reason it's not a question that should be asked here, but I'm not sure where else to ask it.

I've been having quite a bit of trouble getting the DLDI drivers to work properly with my device. While a large number of dldi compatible binaries work completely without issue including QuakeDS and DSLinux, I can't seem to get FAT_InitFiles() to work properly myself. Every time I call it, it fails. If I just ignore the null return and continue it will crash to a Guru Meditation error upon trying to load files.

My device is the Max Media Slot 2 Compact Flash Dock. I'm starting it with an improved shell that removes all the limitations of the Datel one it ships with.

I can't for the life of me figure out why most software works just fine but I can't get it to work myself.

Help?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: DLDI FAT_InitFiles() trouble

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Do either of the filesystem related examples work?

https://sourceforge.net/p/devkitpro/nds ... ilesystem/
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

elhobbs

Re: DLDI FAT_InitFiles() trouble

Post by elhobbs » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:51 pm

the max media dock is one of the earlier slot 2 solutions and does not support auto dldi patching. did you patch the binary you are creating to use the max media dock dldi? if you already had quakeds on the card you may have patched it a long time ago and forgot - just checking.