Help making animated sprite and background

Wrong

Help making animated sprite and background

Post by Wrong » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Hello

I'm totally new into this so sorry for any incovenience.
I'm studying informatics engineering in first course and in a subject we were told to make a little game but they gave us very little information or tips (in fact we've seen nothing about C, just java in other subject).

My idea was to make something like super mario bros but using goku and killing enemies but just going to the right or left.

First I want to make the sprite appear in the screen and animated (like if it were moving) and going to right or left while the backgound pic moves too (must be a tiled one I guess).

But I have no clue....

Can anybody help me or give me any tip please?

Regards and thanks

elhobbs

Re: Help making animated sprite and background

Post by elhobbs » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Wrong wrote:Hello

I'm totally new into this so sorry for any incovenience.
I'm studying informatics engineering in first course and in a subject we were told to make a little game but they gave us very little information or tips (in fact we've seen nothing about C, just java in other subject).

My idea was to make something like super mario bros but using goku and killing enemies but just going to the right or left.

First I want to make the sprite appear in the screen and animated (like if it were moving) and going to right or left while the backgound pic moves too (must be a tiled one I guess).

But I have no clue....

Can anybody help me or give me any tip please?

Regards and thanks
This might be a bit more than you are thinking. Start by installing devkitarm and compiling the samples. Then take a look at modifying them. If you get stuck ask specific questions here. People will help if it is specific and indicating what you tried is helpful too. If you ask how do I make a game? You will probably be ignored.