View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 libnds 1.4.4 now available 
Author Message
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:21 am
Posts: 1135
Location: UK
libnds 1.4.4 and default arm7 0.5.13 along with updated ds examples are now available through the windows installer as usual and from the getting started page on the wiki.


libnds 1.4.4
  • Refactored and improved eeprom detection code.
  • changed timerStop() to clear the entire register and an internal variable.
  • added timerTick(), timerPause(), timerStop(), timerUnpause() and cpuGetTiming() functions.
  • fixed overflow bug in timerElapsed.
  • restored stderr output on default console.
  • added oamClearSprite() to clear a single sprite.
  • corrected keyboard = symbol.
  • startup code allocates VRAM A, B, C & D to reasonable default - main bg, main obj, sub bg & sub obj.
  • improved and extended doxygen documentation.

default arm7 0.5.13
  • recompiled with latest libraries.

nds-examples 20100724
  • updates for new libnds.
  • added several new timer examples.

With thanks to vuurrobin for his major contributions to this release.

_________________
devkitPro IRC support
Personal Blog


Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:01 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
Thanks for the updates.

I rebuilt my little project with the latest releases and have unfotunately lost my sound.

Sound worked with (binaries from SF):
- devkitARM r31
- libnds 1.4.3
- default arm7 0.5.12
- etc..

Sound not working with (binaries from SF):
- devkitARM r31
- libnds 1.4.5
- default arm7 0.5.13
- etc..

After digging around a bit, I discovered that the new default arm7 was the culprit. I took a look at default_arm7-src-0.5.13.tar.bz2 and found this line:

Code:
*(vu16*)(0x04004700) = (1<<14) | 0x08;

The interesting part is that this line isn't in SVN. I couldn't really figure out what that address is either. My guess is that this is what's breaking the sound for me.

P.S. I didn't submit a bug report for this because it's not in SVN and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or not.


Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Posts: 222
Location: The Netherlands
according to gbatek, the 04000000h range is for I/O ports.

according to sourceforge, there has been a new default arm7 binary released 2 hours ago. so try updating and see if that fixes it.

if that doesn't work, you could try building the default arm7 binary from svn and see if that works. that should tell us if it already has been fixed in svn or not.

btw, are you using maxmod for sound or something else.

and WinterMute, my nickname is vuurrobin. double 'u', double 'r' and preferebly all lowercase.

edit: you also might want to update the docs at http://libnds.devkitpro.org/

_________________
my blog:
http://vuurrobin.100webcustomers.com/


Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:21 am
Posts: 1135
Location: UK
0x04004700 is a DSi register, something I was testing and apparently didn't create the dist tarballs before reverting to svn code, sorry. Fixed with latest release.

libnds online docs were updated on Monday, clear your browser cache. I should probably look at preventing the online docs from being cached since it looks like the filenames change when things are updated.

Nick fixed, sorry.

libnds was also updated for that stupid console issue :/

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2067

_________________
devkitPro IRC support
Personal Blog


Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:12 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:17 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
Works great now. Thanks for the quick update.


Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 am
Posts: 21
Haave the "time" and "gmtime" functions been removed from this version of the library?

My code that previously compiled now says "warning implicit declaration of function " for both time and gmtime

I look in the sys folder for libnds and there is no time.h file.


Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Posts: 222
Location: The Netherlands
they work for me.

check if you call the functions right, time takes an parameter.


and time.h is part of the c standard library, not libnds. is it is somewhere in the devkitARM directory.

_________________
my blog:
http://vuurrobin.100webcustomers.com/


Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 am
Posts: 21
Thanks

I inclkuded time.h and all fixed now.
Seems one of the include files from the library must have previously included time.h so no errors previously.


Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:31 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.
Get devkitPro at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads