Request for Programmers Notepad

support for the powerpc toolchain
mrgreg

Request for Programmers Notepad

Post by mrgreg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:58 am

WinterMute thanks for all your work on the devkitPro toolchains! I was wondering if you would consider adding a couple of more menu selections off the Tools menu in Programmers Notepad? It would be great to have "make all" and "install". Tantric uses make all for wiimc to build all of wiimc libs at once. Install is needed even more because allot of apps need to install libs to libogc. Without this option users have to install from the command line. I have patched my UserTools.xml to include these menu selections. It would be nice to make it available for all. Thanks...

DRS

Re: Request for Programmers Notepad

Post by DRS » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Why don't you use Eclipse+CDT and either Wiiclipse plugin or configure it to run 'make target' in msys.

Eclipse will give you stuff such as code completion, finding declarations/references, refactoring as a bonus too.

JoshuaBehrens

Post by JoshuaBehrens » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:48 pm

I can recommand Code::Blocks for this, too. Just add some commands to the tools and you have your "make", "run" etc.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 am

I'd prefer it if people didn't recommend Eclipse or Code::Blocks - Programmer's Notepad is lightweight and currently provided with the devkitPro installer although I have plans to replace that with CodeLite so I don't intend doing more with PN2 in the future.

I do understand that everyone has their own pet editor but it's going to be much easier for novices to get started with a devkitPro supplied editor than go through the pain of installing bloated and hard to configure IDEs.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

JoostinOnline

Post by JoostinOnline » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but if you use PN, I strongly recommend you update to the latest version. Just make sure you install it to the same directory as the devkitPro version, which is usually:
C:\devkitPro\Programmers Notepad

Do NOT uninstall the old version first.

TextUtil is also a great addon for PN.
http://www.pnotepad.org/download/
http://www.pnotepad.org/add-ons/