Search found 5 matches

by FireFox
Thu May 30, 2019 11:08 am
Forum: GBA Development
Topic: Sprites per scanline limit?
Replies: 3
Views: 1200

Re: Sprites per scanline limit?

Is it possible that number is a bit off? Doing the math, my sprite is 32 pixels wide, and everything was rendering fine when I had 38 of them rendering on screen. This would equate to 32 * 38 horizonal pixels, which is 1216 being rendered, greater than what's specified in those specs, 1210. I think ...
by FireFox
Sun May 26, 2019 8:55 am
Forum: GBA Development
Topic: Sprites per scanline limit?
Replies: 3
Views: 1200

Sprites per scanline limit?

So I was doing some stress testing while implementing a new component management system and I found a really weird graphical bug where some sprites towards the bottom layer were getting drawn with a black bar over the top of them when drawing 39 or more sprites. I found that the original Game Boy ha...
by FireFox
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:05 am
Forum: GBA Development
Topic: Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM
Replies: 4
Views: 2158

Re: Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM

That worked great! Thank you very much :D
by FireFox
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 pm
Forum: GBA Development
Topic: Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM
Replies: 4
Views: 2158

Re: Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM

Firstly please note that devkitPro is an organisation not a toolchain. You're attempting to move to devkitARM, not devkitPro - I've edited the post accordingly. Yeah, that'smy bad. Noticed that after I had already posted. Looking at the Makefile you provided it appears you have a src subdirectory i...
by FireFox
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:41 am
Forum: GBA Development
Topic: Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM
Replies: 4
Views: 2158

Issues moving from DevKit Advance to devkitARM

Hi all, currently having some issues with trying to run a ROM compiled by devkitARM, however I'm not compiling things in the manner as recommended since the original project wasn't set up in the way devkitPro's example code works. I'm trying to move my existing project over from devkitadv-r5-beta-3 ...