All the devkitPro toolchains are free, donations and other forms of support are entirely voluntary. Having said that a lot of our users like our toolchains so much they have asked how they can help ensure devkitPro toolchains stay available.
Like all software, there are costs associated with producing and distributing the devkitPro toolchains.
A lot of time is spent :-
- Writing and updating tools and maintaining scripts.
- Documenting the tools.
- Answering questions ( Several a day usually ).
- Maintaining this web site.
- Reading bug reports and taking appropriate action.
- Explaining to our life partners why we’re working on devkitPro toolchains instead of taking them out to the movies.
It costs money to :-
- Host the web site.
- Buy development tools and books.
- Build, keep and run test machines.
- Maintain a nutritious diet of caffeine and stale cookies for those late nights of programming.
- Take our wives/girlfriends out sometimes so we can get some peace to work.
How much you donate is entirely up to you.
So whatever it is worth to you is, well, what it is worth to you. If you want to donate, Buy a beer, or help us retire. The choice is yours. We appreciate any contributions and Thank you!