libnds 1.4.7 and default arm7 0.5.17

Latest devkitPro news and announcements
WinterMute
Site Admin

libnds 1.4.7 and default arm7 0.5.17

Post by WinterMute » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm

libnds 1.4.7 and default arm7 0.5.17 are now available through the windows installer as usual and from the getting started page on the wiki.

Note: The current desmume stable release doesn't work with the new FIFO code. It has been fixed in SVN and will be working again with the next release.

libnds 1.4.7
  • fixed memory leak in fifo Value32 receive code .
  • corrected charging bit in getBatteryLevel.

default arm7 0.5.17
    • recompiled with latest libnds.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

kvleonhardt

New release of libnds loses touchpad support

Post by kvleonhardt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am

Hi

There has been written a little about this problem before, but I can not find any solution for me.

When I built a game with the libnds downloaded i May 2010 all worked fine.

Now I have reinstalled devkitARM (and therefore libnds) and build exactly the same code (except for the change of the names in theelements to the BACKGROUND_SUB.bg3_rotation struct), there is no responce from the touchpad when using the desmume or ideas emulators. Only works with the real stuff. :-(

Has anyone the same problem? Is there a solution for using the new libnds on a NDS-simulator? Does anyone saved an copy of the old working libnds?

By the way, how do I find the revision number of the installed version of libnds?

BR
KVLeonhardt

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: libnds 1.4.7 and default arm7 0.5.17

Post by WinterMute » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:24 pm

As I said in the announcement.
WinterMute wrote: Note: The current desmume stable release doesn't work with the new FIFO code. It has been fixed in SVN and will be working again with the next release.
When a new libnds release works on hardware but doesn't work in an emulator then the fault lies with the emulator and you should report the problem to the emulator maintainers.

You can find unofficial desmume releases built from SVN at http://www.emucr.com/search/label/DeSmuME
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog