libfilesystem 0.9.9

Latest devkitPro news and announcements
WinterMute
Site Admin

libfilesystem 0.9.9

Post by WinterMute » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:24 pm

libfilesystem 0.9.9 is now available through the windows installer as usual and from the getting started page on the wiki.

This 0.9.8 release corrected a slight issue with the card commands used to get nitrofs working OOB with desmume. 0.9.9 fixes a stupid error that prevented nitrofs access from DSi internal SD.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

ritz

Re: libfilesystem 0.9.9

Post by ritz » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:46 pm

I updated and rebuilt all the libraries about an hour ago. I also rebuilt some homebrew. Everything worked as expected. I got Fandian (uses nitroFS and SD) and a custom dslibris (uses SD) to work both via sudokuhax and the new iEVO card. This is awesome work guys. Thanks. The DSi speed and RAM are perfect for bigger books in dslibris... I love it. Oh, and I also like the new working power button reset back to the menus.

P.S. A little slow on the DSi SD reading, but you mentioned that in another post. Hopefully you or someone can figure that one out eventually. Godspeed!

P.P.S. Fandian has some graphical glitches in DSi mode, like lighting and texture weirdness. But it's probably the way I coded it :P

spinal

Post by spinal » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm going to expose my self as the complete n00ber that I am, but after installing dkp using the windows installer, compiling the nitrofs example, running the file via the soduku exploit, it freezes at nitroFSInit().

I assume I'm doing something stupid, but what is it?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:46 am

You need to run nitrofs enabled homebrew using hbmenu, you can't run it as boot.nds - http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Homebrew_Menu

Personal Blog

spinal

Post by spinal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 am

I tried hbmenu (0.2.0) as boot.nds, that fails to init fat also :(

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Something that may not have been clear ... currently SDHC cards don't work, you'll need standard SD for now.

If it's standard SD then we'll need to start looking at the delays in the sdmmc code.

Personal Blog