devkitARM release 41

Latest devkitPro news and announcements
WinterMute
Site Admin

devkitARM release 41

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:50 pm

New binaries for devkitARM release 41 are now available through the Automated Installer/Updater if you're on windows, for other platforms check the devkitARM getting started page on the wiki.
  • tuplet changed from arm-eabi to arm-none-eabi.
  • Updated gcc to 4.7.1.
  • gdb updated to 7.4.1.
  • new release of stlink.
  • killed exception handling in libgcc again.
The tuplet has changed because internally arm-eabi and arm-none-eabi are the same, the only difference is in naming. Several other gcc based arm toolchains are using arm-none-eabi and this makes devkitARM a drop in replacement for those tools without changing the build system for those users working with various arm dev boards. This will have no impact on GBA/DS homebrewers using the standard templates - our build system copes with this with no changes.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Dwedit

Re: devkitARM release 41

Post by Dwedit » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 am

Big congratulations here at getting rid of all that exceptions stuff. *applauds*
Only thing is I was getting exception-handling code added when using the "new" operator. Even when I tried using the "nothrow" version, it was also including the code.
When I switched to malloc and placement new, the exception-handling code went away. So now, I don't need any more dummy functions.