XBOO uploader for Linux?

Add your suggestions for toolchain improvements here.
MegaLoler

XBOO uploader for Linux?

Post by MegaLoler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:10 am

I recently built an Xboo cable for my GBA and it worked perfectly for my needs. However, I don't normally use Windows, I use Linux, and I had installed a trial version just to test it with Xboo Communicator. Obviously, I can't depend on using a trial version of Windows to boot my GBA everytime.

So what I want is an easy way to upload multiboot programs to my GBA from my computer running Linux. I have tried using WINE, but the programs seem to freeze whenever they try to access the parallel port.

Is there a cross-platform alternative to Xboo Communicator? I found GBACopy but it seems to be dead.
Since Xboo is obsolete, what succeeds it for uploading programs from your computer to your GBA (if anything)?
If nothing, since Xboo Communicator is obsolete, is there anyway I can get the source code for it?

If none of the above, can you point me in the right direction to coding my own alternative (how the protocol works, etc.)?

Thanks.

MegaLoler

Re: XBOO uploader for Linux?

Post by MegaLoler » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm

It turns out that I was able to get the DOS XBOO.COM working under Linux with Dosemu. I did have to configure it to directly use the parallel port instead of going through CUPS, but then it worked perfectly.

However, I am still interested in the above three questions, particularly about the source code, if anybody knows.

Thanks.