devkitPro + PAlib compile error... Help

X_Splinter

devkitPro + PAlib compile error... Help

Post by X_Splinter » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello people.

When trying to compile Hello World in Visual C++ 2008 Express I got the following error

log:

Code: Select all

Command Lines      Creating temporary file "C:\DOCUME~1\X_SPLI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT0000011660248.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

make -r 2>&1 | sed -e 's/\(.[a-zA-Z]\+\):\([0-9]\+\):/\1(\2):/'

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line "C:\DOCUME~1\X_SPLI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\BAT0000011660248.bat"
 Output Window      Performing Makefile project actions
logo.bmp
logo_wifi.bmp
main.cpp
In file included from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h:45,
                 from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h:10,
                 from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/PA9.h:27,
                 from c:/Projects/VisualCCP/PADemo/PADemo/source/main.cpp(4):
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/../PA_Shared.h(9): error: 'TransferSoundData' does not name a type
In file included from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h:10,
                 from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/PA9.h:27,
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_ReserveChannel(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(332): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SetMasterVolume(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(338): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SoundStop(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(371): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_MP3Pause()':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(380): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_MP3Unpause()':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(387): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_MP3Stop()':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(394): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'int AS_GetMP3Status()':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(401): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SetMP3Volume(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(407): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SetMP3Delay(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(414): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SetMP3Loop(u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(420): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h: In function 'void AS_SetMP3Rate(s32)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/as_lib9.h(426): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
In file included from c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/PA9.h:27,
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h: In function 'u8 PA_CheckLid()':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h(258): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h: In function 'void PA_SetScreenLight(u8, u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h(337): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h: In function 'void PA_SetLedBlink(u8, u8)':
c:/devkitPro/PAlib/lib/include/nds/arm9/PA_General.h(354): error: 'TransferRegion' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2
 Results      Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\VisualCCP\PADemo\PADemo\Release\BuildLog.htm"
PADemo - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any help wll be much appreciated
Last edited by X_Splinter on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitPro + PAlib compile error... Help

Post by WinterMute » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Sorry PALib is not supported, see http://wiki.devkitpro.org/index.php/PAlib

The best advice we can give you is to remove PAlib and use only libnds.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

X_Splinter

Post by X_Splinter » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 pm

WinterMute wrote:Sorry PALib is not supported, see http://wiki.devkitpro.org/index.php/PAlib

The best advice we can give you is to remove PAlib and use only libnds.
Thanks for the reply.

The only reason I used PALib is because It was the only that I found that I could use in Visual C++

Can I use devkitPro alone in Visual C++ 2008 Express ?

StevenH

Post by StevenH » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:22 am

Search is your friend in this case:

http://forums.devkitpro.org/viewtopic.p ... 2640#p2640 - Help with intellisense for libNDS.

Basically dovoto wrote a Visual Studio project wizard, so all you need to do is click on File->New Project and follow some on screen prompts.

Mind you it takes me a couple of minutes to remember the search terms :)

X_Splinter

Post by X_Splinter » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 am

StevenH wrote:Search is your friend in this case:

http://forums.devkitpro.org/viewtopic.p ... 2640#p2640 - Help with intellisense for libNDS.

Basically dovoto wrote a Visual Studio project wizard, so all you need to do is click on File->New Project and follow some on screen prompts.

Mind you it takes me a couple of minutes to remember the search terms :)
That exactly what I was looking for...

Sorry about that, I am newbie here.

I am pretty sure this forum will help me codding for the DS

Thanks again to both of you

StevenH

Post by StevenH » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 am

This forum, the GBADev forums, and the IRC channel will help alot - just expect a little anti-PAlib attitude from some people as it was a huge cause for "support calls"* with broken installs of devkitARM.

Welcome to the lovely world of DS Development.