devkitpro is installing 64 bit applications on my 32bit

kaisersozeh

devkitpro is installing 64 bit applications on my 32bit

Post by kaisersozeh » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm running windows 7 32 bit - dont judge me.
I think there is an issue with the installer. I'm not sure. I've replaced the mys2 folder with a 32bit one i downloaded from them, lose the below error, but then my environment doesn't work, and I can't find out how to set it up fresh!
Even when using supplied examples, error message , on "clean", is "Failed to create process: This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of windows you're running"
It'd be reeally handy to know which application %1 is, but I lack the expertise to find out!
The older installers don't work , even when completely uninstalled and restarted OS.
Thanks for reading this far. I'm crying here. :D

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitpro is installing 64 bit applications on my 32bit

Post by WinterMute » Tue May 08, 2018 7:57 pm

Is your hardware really 32bit? Is it possible to upgrade to 64bit windows7 (this is free, your current license key should work, depending on win7 edition)

Currently we're only building 64bit binaries for all the platforms and I'm kind of hoping to avoid having to supply 32bit too since it doubles the work required.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

ti59er

Post by ti59er » Thu May 10, 2018 12:38 pm

I ran into the same problem as kaisersozeh. Would it be possible to get one of the older installers working again for 32-bit windows?

Thanks for your great work Wintermute.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 am

It's not about getting an older installer to work. We're currently no longer supplying 32 bit binaries.

Is your hardware really 32bit. Can you install a 64bit OS?

Personal Blog

ti59er

Post by ti59er » Tue May 22, 2018 12:08 pm

My hardware is 64bit. But I'm planning to do stuff that can only be tested on real hardware (not on dolphin). And I don't know yet, if the driver of my old usb gecko would work with windows 64bit.

I mentioned the older 1.x.x installers, because they are broken, regardless of my setup. The installation fails with the messages "Installation aborted" and "could not be downloaded at this time".

Maybe you want to remove those files from sourceforge.net, if they are no longer supported.

sverx

Post by sverx » Fri May 25, 2018 1:01 pm

Dual boot Windows/Windows64?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat May 26, 2018 5:09 pm

These were working last time I tried.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM ... tified.zip

Possibly worth giving the later drivers a shot. http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Personal Blog

ShadowOne333

Post by ShadowOne333 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 pm

Good day.
I recently tried to update all of my devkitPro installation (devkitARM, devkitPPC and devkitA64) on my old Dell 32bit machine which I use for compiling and coding.

I struggled a bit to get pacman running and all, but I finally did and was able to download and install the latest stuff.
However, problem came when I stumbled upon the downloaded devkits inside /opt/devkitpro/

Given how the machine I'm working on is an old 32bit machine, I noticed that I was getting constant compilation errors for "Exec format", which are mismatch errors between the machine's architecture and the binary.
So the binaries that I downloaded using the official "Getting started" guide seem to be all in 64bit, while my machine is 32bit (hence the incompatibility).

So, I was wondering if there is still a way to download the 32bit binaries for all those three devkits I mentioned?
I tend to do compilations and stuff for Wii and 3DS homebrews here and there, and sadly I don't have access to a 64bit machine to do so.

If there is still a way to download the 32bit binaries, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!