devkitPro V 3.0.3 BROKEN

Set-6502

devkitPro V 3.0.3 BROKEN

Post by Set-6502 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Hello, I am here to report a tool breaking bug that has been plaguing me for the past few weeks now.
I am able to succesfully install devkitPro and Cygwin BUT when I try to compile it throws me this Error:

1 [main] mkdir (4052) C:\devkitPro\tools\bin\mkdir.exe: *** fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x180345408/0x180347408.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
make: *** [Makefile:164: build] Error 127

I believe it occurred after a Windows Update. When I experiment with other Cygwin1.dll's It changes that second value ( 0x180345408/0x180347408 ) So I believe that devkitPro is asking for an outdated version of Cygwin and it is now Unusable for me. I am able to successfully compile within a Linux Ubuntu VM ( Because you don't need Cygwin ) but the Windows build of devkitPro is asking for outdated tools. If you can please tell me how to fix it / update the tools that would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time 😁

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitPro V 3.0.3 BROKEN

Post by WinterMute » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 pm

You broke it by installing cygwin. devkitPro toolchains do not require cygwin.

Run the devkitPro uninstaller then remove cygwin. Delete any cygwin dll you can find on your system. Reboot and run the installer again but this time don't install cygwin. Instead use the msys2 shell we provide - you can find it in the Start Menu under devkitPro.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog