Am I missing a folder? What am I doing wrong??

support for the ARM toolchain
Nikumu

Am I missing a folder? What am I doing wrong??

Post by Nikumu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

Hello, peoples.. I'm new here, and thus far I've been meeting no success with this all...

(any inaccurecies in the given information is likely due to the fact that most of this took place when I was tired)

So I tried following multiple tutorials but was confused with them all, so just kinda made it up as I went along... I've used Dev-cpp for ever since I began C/C++ programming, which was some time ago, so if it's possible to use this, that would be good; allso I am attempting to program for the DS...

Last night I downloaded the Windows Installer thingy for DekvitPro, and selected to download and install... After a nice, long download (dial-up >.>) it finally was finished!

I opened the Programmer's Notepad thingy in "C:\devkitPro\examples\nds\hello_world" but when I select "Make" I get this:

Code: Select all

> "make" 
Makefile:9: /c/devkitPro/devkitARM/ds_rules: No such file or directory
"make": *** No rule to make target `/c/devkitPro/devkitARM/ds_rules'.  Stop.

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:00
And nothing builds... I attemtped searching for dekkitARM, and that folder does not exist. 'ds_rules' also does not exist anywhere on my computer.

Did I somehwo fail to download this? What might I be doing wrong? Further info is needed...

BTW, this is apparently what it's attempting to compile:

Code: Select all

/*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$Id: main.cpp,v 1.13 2008-12-02 20:21:20 dovoto Exp $

Simple console print demo
	-- dovoto

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
#include <nds.h>

#include <stdio.h>

volatile int frame = 0;

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
void Vblank() {
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	frame++;
}

int main(void) {
	touchPosition touchXY;

irqSet(IRQ_VBLANK, Vblank);

consoleDemoInit();

iprintf("      Hello DS dev'rs\n");
	iprintf("     \x1b[32mwww.devkitpro.org\n");
	iprintf("   \x1b[32;1mwww.drunkencoders.com\x1b[39m");

while(1) {

swiWaitForVBlank();
		touchRead(&touchXY);

// print at using ansi escape sequence \x1b[line;columnH 
		iprintf("\x1b[10;0HFrame = %d",frame);
		iprintf("\x1b[16;0HTouch x = %04X, %04X\n", touchXY.rawx, touchXY.px);
		iprintf("Touch y = %04X, %04X\n", touchXY.rawy, touchXY.py);		

}

return 0;
}
And apparently the tutorial was on Drunkencoders.com

elhobbs

Re: Am I missing a folder? What am I doing wrong??

Post by elhobbs » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:00 pm

this looks like a bad install. It is looking for devkitARM at c:\devkitpro\devkitARM. Is there anything in this path on your computer? did you install devkitARM when you ran the installer?

Nikumu

Post by Nikumu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Nothing in that path. Just... everything but DevkitARM, I'm sure. So is this avaliable for download without downloading everythign else? Or would that not work?

I didn't specifically download the DekkitARM. Was I supposed to? If yes, from where?

I just downloaded the Windows Installer here:
http://www.devkitpro.org/downloads/
And then did whatever it told me to - I'm that easily controlled.

elhobbs

Post by elhobbs » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 pm

rerun the installer and make sure that devkitARM (it is required for compiling for the DS) is selected when it asks you about which components to install - you may need to expand the little plus signs to see everything.

as a warning - certain people who put an extraordinary amount of effort into devkitPro and devkitARM (not me - I am just a lowly forum member like yourself) - do not like to see it spelled incorrectly. it is devkitPro and devkitARM - and yes the capitalization does matter.

Jordan_Gray

Post by Jordan_Gray » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 am

where do I download the Windows Installer? I went to the devkitpro/downloads area (or what ever it is in the above posts) and it gave me a 404 error, saying that area can't be found or something. If someone could please provide me with the right link, that would be great. I've been trying for almost a week straight and still haven't found it, everything points back to "http://www.devkitpro.org/downloads/devk ... installer/"

it would be preferred it someone could email me the answer.
dshomebrew.jordan[at]gmail.com

vuurrobin

Post by vuurrobin » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 pm

you can find the installer on the devkitPro sourceforge page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/

Jordan_Gray

Post by Jordan_Gray » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 am

Thanks a lot! I've got devkitPro, and devkitARM, and all the others. Now if only there were instructions/tutorials....