Tutorials

support for the ARM toolchain
Sonic

Tutorials

Post by Sonic » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 am

Hi,

I want to start to program homebrew for the NDS, so I only want to ask is if somebody knows a good tutorial or book (german or english) which should be very detailed and explains the processes in the background. I'm familiar with C language so there is no need for a C-Tutorial. I hope that somebody can help me :)

Thanks in advance
Sonic

fcg

Re: Tutorials

Post by fcg » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi Sonic,
Sonic wrote:I want to start to program homebrew for the NDS, so I only want to ask is if somebody knows a good tutorial or book (german or english) which should be very detailed and explains the processes in the background. I'm familiar with C language so there is no need for a C-Tutorial. I hope that somebody can help me :)
Well, I recently started out to teach myself the devkitARM toolchain for programming applications for the NDS. (I don't have a background in C, but I have programmed a bit, so this info might not be relevant.)

Anyway, what I've found so far is:
I hope this helps ;)

/fcg

[edit1]Added the bouncy tutorial
Last edited by fcg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic

Post by Sonic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:17 pm

Thank you very much :)

Jordan_Gray

Post by Jordan_Gray » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:11 am

Anyway, what I've found so far is . . . a very helpful irc-channel (#dsdev) over at irc.blitzed.org
Hey, I'm relatively new to irc, and barely understand how it works. I tried typing "irc.blitzed.org" into the url bar and hit enter, but I got redirected to "http://www.coattails.net/f/". What is happening, and how do I chat on the #dsdev channel? Thanks!

- Jordan

zeromus

Post by zeromus » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:23 am

find an irc client and type /server irc.blitzed.org and /join #dsdev

Jordan_Gray

Post by Jordan_Gray » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Why thank you, zeromus. Aside from WinterMute and [the folks who created Google], you are the most helpful person on earth.

zeromus

Post by zeromus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:34 am

don't get ahead of yourself, i just want you at a more convenient range for assault

Jordan_Gray

Post by Jordan_Gray » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:21 pm

zeromus wrote:don't get ahead of yourself, i just want you at a more convenient range for assault
Haha, I was serious. WinterMute tells me what not to call devkitPro and libnds and such; Google helps me find information people have put on the web; you help me with pretty much everything else. (Including learning the most basic things....)

P.S. the *dsdev is really great, but not when you're still in PAlib. :(

fcg

Post by fcg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:51 pm

Today I found this, seems good:

http://ekid.nintendev.com/bouncy/index.php

/fcg