Problems with latest devkitARM

support for the ARM toolchain
Doogle

Problems with latest devkitARM

Post by Doogle » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:36 am

Hi, and Seasons Greetings. Newbie to DS Development and these Forums, here, so this might be in the wrong place, apologies if it is, perhaps a Moderator would move it to the correct place if I'm wrong.

I have been working on understanding and modifying the WiFi test example here: http://www.akkit.org/dswifi/ and was getting along quite nicely. I installed the latest version of devkitARM (via Windows Updater) on a different computer and the code (Arm7) is failing to compile, it hasn't got as far as attempting to compile the Arm9 code but I suspect that will fail as well. It's still working fine on the original machine.

The problems I'm experiencing is that there would 'appear' to have been some changes in some structures and constants, in particular SOUND_8BIT and SOUND_16BIT seem to have vanished and touchPosition no longer has properties .x and .y. Also, function touchReadxy now requires an argument whereas before, tempPos = touchReadxy(); compiled without problems.

Perhaps it's some sort of installation problem(?) Both machines are Vista Home Edition SP1 and both devkits seem to be at the same release level, according to Help (v2.0.8-718-basie). It was the first install of devkitARM on both machines.

I suspect I've missed something subtle somewhere, so any pointers in the right direction would be gratefully received.

Edit: The apSearch (..\ndis\wifi) example distributed with devkitARM doesn't seem to work either. On selecting an SSID it reports it as (null) and fails to connect. I suspect it's simple coding error and will try to fix it. (unless someone already has!)

Edit2: Have resolved the issue with apSearch and posted what I did into the libnds forum (don't seem to be allowed to post to the WiFi Forum)

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Problems with latest devkitARM

Post by WinterMute » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:46 am

www.akkit.org wrote: So here are some of the examples, that work with recent libnds. Soon, these too will be outdated! But when they are, there will be examples included with libnds! So, once that happens again these will be useless! but for now, people still want them, so here they are:
And soon was a few weeks ago at the beginning of December when we unleashed the new libnds and the fancy new default arm7 binary :)

The examples linked to on akkit.org are now outdated and you'll be better basing any wifi apps on the examples provided with the latest updates. These will be extended further soon.

The help you're looking at is merely the version number for Programmer's Notepad and has no relation to the rest of the toolchain.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Doogle

Re: Problems with latest devkitARM

Post by Doogle » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 am

Thanks for the response. Now that I've got the apSearch example working, I can build on that.