Several FeOS-related devkitARM requests

support for the ARM toolchain
fincs
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Several FeOS-related devkitARM requests

Post by fincs » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm

Here they are:
  • I would like to have grit's .s output files mark the export symbols as both .global *and* .hidden. Currently only .global is used, and in a FeOS project that actually exposes the symbol through the FX2 export table (which is undesirable 99% of the times). This has no effect in standard .nds or .gba projects, so nothing would break.
  • The FeOS SDK makefiles hardcode the PREFIX, CC, CXX and similar variables. Obviously this approach will break in the future; however I cannot use base_rules because in addition to the variables I need base_rules contains many other rules I do not want. Could another file (e.g. "toolchain_config") be added that would basically contain this?

Code: Select all

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # the prefix on the compiler executables
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PREFIX		:=	arm-none-eabi-

export CC	:=	$(PREFIX)gcc
    export CXX	:=	$(PREFIX)g++
    export AS	:=	$(PREFIX)as
    export AR	:=	$(PREFIX)ar
    export OBJCOPY	:=	$(PREFIX)objcopy
    export STRIP   := $(PREFIX)strip
    export NM      := $(PREFIX)nm
    base_rules would then include it. Also note how I have added 'STRIP' and 'NM'.
Many thanks in advance.
Donate to devkitPro - help us stay alive!

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Several FeOS-related devkitARM requests

Post by WinterMute » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The changes to the rules files sound reasonable - I've pushed some to the git repository now that should work for you.

https://sourceforge.net/p/devkitpro/bui ... 2a871093a/

I'll need to do some checking on the grit changes but I don't think that will cause any problems.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog