Problem after installation : arm-eabi-g++ :command not found

support for the ARM toolchain
fharold

Problem after installation : arm-eabi-g++ :command not found

Post by fharold » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi,

I hope my question is not too stupid, but I tried to install the tool chain with many and many differents methods, and it always fail when I want to compile an example, like PAlibexamples/text/normal/helloworld and I click'd "build.bat" script, it fails, i compile it in a cmd it's the same... vham don't want to compile it, programmer's notepad don't want too !

My environment variables are correctly set, everything is in c:\devkitpro, .net is installed... im losing patience !

Did you have any idea for me ?

PS : it's for Nintendo DS programmation (^^)

Thanks !!!

Izhido

Re: Problem after installation : arm-eabi-g++ :command not f

Post by Izhido » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm

Two things:

1) Be sure you have installed the latest, officialy released, version of the toolchains;
2) Try compiling, then running the examples that come packaged by default with the toolchains. Then, and only then, try compiling other examples.

PALib has been a source of many grievances among us, and it's not generally well understood, or supported, in here. I think it is in your best interests to try and understand some of the default examples first, then move ahead with more complex programs.

And if, after that, you still have doubts, feel free to post them here. Good luck!

fharold

Re: Problem after installation : arm-eabi-g++ :command not f

Post by fharold » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi, thanks for fast replying !
Exemples from Devkit compile well. I know you're not supposed to support PAlib but, I'm completely lost because the site is down now.

Thanks !