devkitpro updater v3.0.3 installation problem

support for the ARM toolchain
clintonjmolina

devkitpro updater v3.0.3 installation problem

Post by clintonjmolina » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:49 am

greetings guys, as the title mentions it I have trouble installing the devkitpro updater v3.0.3, the error is as follows your internet connection seems to be not allowed or dropped out, and probe restarting the modem, router, deactivating the firawall and I do not have anti virus and the devkit is not installed, I hope you can help me.

solved
greetings guys, I tell you that I could install the devkipro updater 3.0.3 and I solved it by downloading directly the file with the internet explorer, since previously it was with the google chrome and I failed, the steps that followed were the following, current the Internet explorer to the latest version and enter the devkitpro updater 3.0.3 repository and run it and install it perfectly, I am compiling without problems in windows.

solucionado.
saludos chicos, les cuento que ya pude instalar el devkipro updater 3.0.3 y lo resolvi descargando ejecutando directamenta el archivo con el internet explorer, ya que anteriormente lo hacia con el google chrome y me falla, los pasos que segui fueron los siguientes, actualica el internet explorer a la ultima version y entre al repositorio del devkitpro updater 3.0.3 y lo ejecute y se instalo perfctamente, ya estoy compilando sin problemas en windows.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitpro updater v3.0.3 installation problem

Post by WinterMute » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:49 am

The download module (inetc) we use for NSIS gets connection information from the IE settings so this is why downloading via IE works. It's not so much the downloading with IE but rather that IE gets set up for internet connection which allows the inetc plugin to work.

Having a clearer error message or replacing the plugin is on a TODO list but hasn't been dealt with yet, sorry.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog