[Mac OS X] dkp-pacman fails to install any package

support for the ARM toolchain
WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: [Mac OS X] dkp-pacman fails to install any package

Post by WinterMute » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 pm

colleen wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm Mac OS 10.11.6 doesn't use that library. Nothing uses it below Sierra (10.12.6) uses the library. It wouldn't break anything, it would just be there for the programs that do use it such as dkp-pacman.
Are you 100% sure about that. libSystem.dylib is a symlink to libSystem.B.dylib on systems I currently have access to.
Actually I was able to find the library on Github.
Please ensure you have a backup and a means to boot your machine if your primary OS install fails to boot. People doing this kind of thing really worry me. I was also hoping to have you test with updated xzutils binaries without modifying your system.

Crap, I see I was too late posting this. There are instructions at https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/repair-ma ... mode-fsck/ might be of some assistance recovering your system - good luck.

I built
xzutils-osx.tar.xz
(205.34 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
with the 10.11 SDK - it should be extracted to your devkitpro folder. I've tested this locally on Mojave & High Sierra
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

bonespin

Re: [Mac OS X] dkp-pacman fails to install any package

Post by bonespin » Sun May 10, 2020 12:25 am

I built xzutils-osx.tar.xz with the 10.11 SDK - it should be extracted to your devkitpro folder. I've tested this locally on Mojave & High Sierra
Thank you WinterMute for the excellent support! I was able to pacman install on 10.11 with this update. For anyone who needs it, download and run

Code: Select all

sudo tar -xf xzutils-osx.tar.xz --directory /opt/devkitpro/
Cheers,
Miguel