devkitARM and tools on Android

support for the ARM toolchain
zWSz

devkitARM and tools on Android

Post by zWSz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Is there a way to use devkitARM and/or devkitPPC on android? By building from source or emulating a pc or something? And no i dont have a pc and cant buy one

Thxs in advance

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitARM and tools on Android

Post by WinterMute » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:28 pm

What device are you thinking about trying to use? Do you know what processor it uses and which architecture android is built for?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

LeviathaninWaves

Post by LeviathaninWaves » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:47 am

I'm disappointed that the original poster never replied to this. Given that I'm trying to accomplish the same thing though, I'll fill in.

In my scenario, I'm on a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The processor architecture is Aarch64 (64 bit ARM). I'm running Debian on it via Andronix and Termux. There are limited superuser capabilities due to Android's overly strict security policies, so no mountpoints. However, things like chmod and sudo apt install work fine.

I can't seem to even attempt to build the toolchain as for some reason, the scripts don't recognize the OS and 404's when trying to download the rules. There really shouldn't be any technical limitations to being able to build and run the toolchain on this device. I have all of the dependencies. Vanilla gcc, binutils, etc all work fine here, so this setup is theoretically capable. Very very curious on what has to be said about this. Thank you

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:27 pm

Since you're running debian the easiest way is to just install devkitPro pacman, see wiki/devkitPro_pacman#Debian_and_derivatives
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog