arm-none-eabi-nm.exe - Bad Image

support for the ARM toolchain
Smartykenn

arm-none-eabi-nm.exe - Bad Image

Post by Smartykenn » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Hello,
I have been trying to use devkitARM to build CFRU (an expansion for pokemon fire red). However I get the error shown on the image whenever i try to compile.

Image.

I've tried looking for answers but the only thing i could find where people saying to reinstall devkitARM or get a different/clean rom base. But i've tried both and they don't work. I hope somebody may be able to help me with this.
Attachments
oYlxDRz.png
(18.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: arm-none-eabi-nm.exe - Bad Image

Post by WinterMute » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:25 am

Can you tell us what Windows version you're using and how you installed devkitARM (i.e. via our installer or using a manual process). If you have antivirus software running you could try temporarily disabling that or excluding the devkitPro folder from scanning. We've also had some issues with webcam software causing corruption in dlls, particularly logitech software.

As a last resort you could try deleting the file it's complaining about, it shouldn't be trying to load a .dll.a if that's what it's actually trying to do. (this will probably provoke an error when upgrading devkitARM in the future though)

It might also be helpful if you could tell us what the command line is that generates this error.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog