fatInitDefault() fails with update (yes I DLDI patched)

almosthuman

fatInitDefault() fails with update (yes I DLDI patched)

Post by almosthuman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:36 pm

I ran the automated updater for Windows. (I am running Windows 7 x64) Up until now everything had been working fine. All of my old, pre-compiled binaries still work on my hardware. However, I tried recompiling these after updating devkitpro, and now fatInitDefault() fails consistently. Even the libfatdir example fails. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but I got the same results. I am DLDI patching, and I even tried reinstalling my patcher, but no luck there either. I am running all of this on my DS Lite with a Supercard SD. This is the same setup I have been using for development since I started, no change. I am absolutely baffled.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: fatInitDefault() fails with update (yes I DLDI patched)

Post by WinterMute » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm

Finally got a chance to dig out my supercard miniSD and check the latest code works there.

Something I'd forgotten about is that even slot2 supercards can autopatch DLDI capable homebrew by placing the DLDI in a file named dldi.scp on the root of the SD card. I've attached the dldi.scp file I'm using.

[The extension scp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

See if that works for you. If not, we'll need to start looking at where & why it's failing for you.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

almosthuman

Re: fatInitDefault() fails with update (yes I DLDI patched)

Post by almosthuman » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:13 am

Well, for whatever reason that worked. I blame DLDIrc. Thanks a bunch. I actually had no idea about the Supercard auto patch thing. They're not all that well documented on the company's website.