DisplayMan

Got something cool to help make the toolchains better? Post it here.
DEElekgolo

DisplayMan

Post by DEElekgolo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

I tried to post a link to the gbatemp forum but that place is riddled with warez so Ill just post it here.
And as a bonus you guys get to have the more updated version of the tool.
DisplayMan generates a display list for use in nds games featuring 3d content.
It supports normals texture UV and the normalization of meshes in the case that you wish to avoid handling complex scale matrices.
This tool currently supports .dxf, .dae, .3ds, .obj, and .fbx. I recommend using FBX and it supports the most features of the 5 file formats and works in nearly every major 3d package.
Display Man v1.0 by DEElekgolo : May 01,2011
Format: DisplayMan.exe [filename] [arguments]
Arguments:
-n : export with normals
-normalize : Scale down mesh to -7 to 7 space. (Good for if you want to avoid using scale matrices)
-t ?x? : Export with texture UVs. (ex. -t 128x128) Resolutions are rounded to the nearest power of 2.
By default the file will be exported with only vertex coordinates and scale to its original size. This tool supports .dxf, .dae, .3ds, .obj, and .fbx. I recommend using .fbx as it supports the most features.Send all bugs or feature requests to [email protected]
Pics of it in use:
Normals
Texture UVs
And here is an unrealistic example.
The actual NDS hardware would not be able to take a 6k triangle mesh like this, but you get the point.
Here is a link to the more updated version of the tool which supports vertex colors.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j43goxigecjg30a

I am keeping the source code closed for now since right now it is pretty quick-n-dirty as originally the tool was intended for my own personal use and my mind set during the development was "make it happen no matter how slow".

Here is a pic of me getting vertex colors working as well.

Enjoy.

Jordan_Gray

Re: DisplayMan

Post by Jordan_Gray » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

wow, this is looking great. I might just hop back into ds devving. :)

mecwerks

Re: DisplayMan

Post by mecwerks » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:43 pm

I know it's an old thread but any chances you'd like to release the code?