Basis Implementation

Got something cool to help make the toolchains better? Post it here.
achild

Basis Implementation

Post by achild » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Hey guys! I wasn't sure if this fit best here or in Off-topic forum.

We have just prepared for our first alpha release of an animation tool called "Basis". We've been working on it for about 2 1/2 years to get to this point, and are finally far enough into development to start creating implementations in various languages and frameworks. First I did one in HGE, SFML, SDL, Allegro...

Then one night I thought about how I had always wanted to make wii homebrew games, thinking fondly back to original gameboy homebrew and how much fun that was some years ago. So, I did a bunch of searching, finally found devkitpro, and (much more difficult) found your documentation for libogc, and within a few hours had an implementation to play our 2d skeletal animations running on my family's wii!

Honestly I expected it would at least take a couple days, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Anyway, here is a kickstarter link to our software.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145 ... ion-system

As the program evolves we will be maintaining the GX renderer and demo. Please consider supporting Basis development, and help us spread the word! Thanks again for an amazing collection of tool chains and libraries which honestly blow our software away. :)