SFX stop playing, Mod refuses to pause/stop/unload correctly

support for the gba/nds sound library from www.maxmod.org

Moderator: eKid

SwedishFish

SFX stop playing, Mod refuses to pause/stop/unload correctly

Post by SwedishFish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 am

Hi,

Im having a slight issue with Maxmod where after 120-126 plays of a sound effect maxmod goes a little crazy.
Mods will not stop or pause and new sound effects cannot be played.

Honestly I hope its a beginners mistake.

Thanks for your time

-SwedishFish

linked my source demo http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=76d9 ... b9a8902bda

eKid

Re: SFX stop playing, Mod refuses to pause/stop/unload correctly

Post by eKid » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:45 am

Hmm, interesting problem... I believe what is happening is that the fifo system is sometimes processing the mmEffectVolume before the actual mmEffect (and causing ??? behavior)... since they use different methods of communication. I've made a patch to make the system just use one method of communication (maybe slightly less efficient, but it's stable). It's in the SVN now.

SwedishFish

Post by SwedishFish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 pm

eKid wrote:Hmm, interesting problem... I believe what is happening is that the fifo system is sometimes processing the mmEffectVolume before the actual mmEffect (and causing ??? behavior)... since they use different methods of communication. I've made a patch to make the system just use one method of communication (maybe slightly less efficient, but it's stable). It's in the SVN now.
Thanks eKid, everything is working correctly now

sverx

Post by sverx » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm

eKid wrote:Hmm, interesting problem... I believe what is happening is that the fifo system is sometimes processing the mmEffectVolume before the actual mmEffect (and causing ??? behavior)... since they use different methods of communication. I've made a patch to make the system just use one method of communication (maybe slightly less efficient, but it's stable). It's in the SVN now.
were you using fifoSendValue32() ? Check this... http://forums.devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1510

jotd

Post by jotd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:47 pm

I have downloaded version 1.0.6 of maxmod and replaced the libmm7 and libmm9 of devkitpro 1.5 by the fresh ones (but maybe they were already the newest ones...).

I have the same problem here. On No$GBA everything is working fine, but on the real DS, samples stop playing after a few seconds. The game works fine apart from that but no sound, sob...

Edit: I found what the problem is: I use to play a very short sample for bounces (3/100th of a second). It's enough to break the maxmod lib. I have removed this sample and everything works fine!