Sound not working on Acekard 2i (AKAIO 1.5)

support for the gba/nds sound library from www.maxmod.org

Moderator: eKid

headkaze

Sound not working on Acekard 2i (AKAIO 1.5)

Post by headkaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm writing a game that I've been testing on an R4 card but recently bought an Acekard 2i. When I run it on that card the game is fine but there is no music or sound effects. So what I did was strip down the whole game into a new project so that it only plays the song and it still doesn't work.

I'm using the AKAIO 1.5 unofficial firmware.

SongTest.zip

EDIT: It does work okay with the "official firmware". But if you have an Acekard 2i I think it may be worth having a look into why it doesn't work with the AKAIO firmware.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Sound not working on Acekard 2i (AKAIO 1.5)

Post by WinterMute » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Report the bug in the firmware to the AKAIO maintainers. This is not a library issue.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

headkaze

Post by headkaze » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:26 pm

WinterMute wrote:Report the bug in the firmware to the AKAIO maintainers. This is not a library issue.
That's not necessarily true. In my experience I have found different cards and different loaders can actually expose bugs. I guess it's to do with the state of memory before the game is launched. For example testing in GBA Movie Player and launching from Moonshell our game would sometimes freeze while on other cards and emulators it did not. Everytime it helped fix a bug so we actually used it as a debugging tool.

Normmatt

Post by Normmatt » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:13 am

I just tested this and confirmed it was because AKAIO uses fifo in the gui but not in the loader and it isnt reset (official firmware doesnt use fifo at all), I'd have thought this would have been done startup code but i guess not.