A pair of questions

support for the gba/nds sound library from www.maxmod.org

Moderator: eKid

Chano

A pair of questions

Post by Chano » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 pm

- How many Hz are indicated with MM_MIX_21KHZ? 22050? I have a pair of wav files with that rate that doesn't sound too good.

- It will be possible to include higher mixing rates in future versions of maxmod (at least 24KHz)?

- There's a limit in the length of a sound effect? I have a wav file of 43 seconds that although is converted with mmutil doesn't sound when played. It would be great if a wav file could be used as music.

eKid

Re: A pair of questions

Post by eKid » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Chano wrote:- How many Hz are indicated with MM_MIX_21KHZ? 22050? I have a pair of wav files with that rate that doesn't sound too good.
21024 hz (798 clocks/sample).
Chano wrote:- It will be possible to include higher mixing rates in future versions of maxmod (at least 24KHz)?
Hmm, I didn't think anyone would need more than 21khz with the poor sound quality GBA has... I'll add 27khz and 32khz.
Chano wrote:- There's a limit in the length of a sound effect? I have a wav file of 43 seconds that although is converted with mmutil doesn't sound when played.
The mixer uses 12 bits for the sample fraction, leaving 20 bits for the playback position, so the maximum sample length is 1048576 samples. With a 43 second sample, 24khz is the highest you can use to not break the limit.
Chano wrote:It would be great if a wav file could be used as music.
Ew :)