Changing Sample Start Position

support for the gba/nds sound library from www.maxmod.org

Moderator: eKid

frragile

Changing Sample Start Position

Post by frragile » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi,

I'm writing a music application and I would like to be able to change the position of where the sample starts. Is this possible at all with Maxmod or could you point me in the direction of how I would go about it? I know that it's a mod effect command (09 I think) but I just want to do it with sound effects.

Thanks,

Rich

eKid

Re: Changing Sample Start Position

Post by eKid » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Sorry, there's no access to sample offset with the sound effects api. :)

chr15m

Post by chr15m » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:57 am

Yo, what's the chances of getting this feature put in? My NDS app (Looper Advance) requires jumping around inside drum loops and I would need this feature. If I modify maxmod to allow it, will you accept a patch? (Not sure how possible it is as I haven't look at the code yet, but just hypothetically speaking).

eKid

Post by eKid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:32 am

chr15m wrote:If I modify maxmod to allow it, will you accept a patch?
Maybe... I'd do it myself if I wasn't so darn busy lately -_-

Also are you sure if maxmod is right for you? It's designed to be for adding music/sound in a game, not really geared for an audio app.

chr15m

Post by chr15m » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 pm

eKid wrote:Also are you sure if maxmod is right for you? It's designed to be for adding music/sound in a game, not really geared for an audio app.
Looper Advance is really not that complicated; mostly just sample triggering. If maxmod performs close to as well as krawall then it should be fine. I also like that the same API is available for NDS and GBA, which means I can possibly port it to NDS in the future. \o/