Wii - Getting wireless strength signal

support for the powerpc toolchain
Possa

Wii - Getting wireless strength signal

Post by Possa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi all,
I would like to create a little program (homebrew) for Wii that should be able to detect wireless APs and getting from this some infos, like ID, the strength of the signal ... encryption (open, WPA, WEP) ... stuff like this! Like airodump or network stumbler!

Anyone can help me posting some examples or tutorials? Which libs should I have to use?

Am I in the correct forum? :)

Thanks a lot!

ShotgunNinja

Re: Wii - Getting wireless strength signal

Post by ShotgunNinja » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm not familiar with the non-DS related portions of devkitPro, but I know there are some very similar Access Point search/autoconnect examples for the DS in the examples directory, so you might want to take a look in there if you haven't already. If you've already checked and found that there aren't any, then I apologize for being totally unhelpful. Good luck in your search!

laggflor

Re: Wii - Getting wireless strength signal

Post by laggflor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 am

ShotgunNinja wrote:I'm not familiar with the non-DS related portions of devkitPro, but I know there are some very similar Access Point search/autoconnect examples for the DS in the examples directory, so you might want to take a look in there if you haven't already. If you've already checked and found that there aren't any, then I apologize for being totally unhelpful. Good luck in your search!
Anyone had luck with this? I try to do something related. Thanks.