devkitppc and ubuntu 10.4 - Help requested

support for the powerpc toolchain
kr651129

devkitppc and ubuntu 10.4 - Help requested

Post by kr651129 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Hi all,
I've been racking my brain the last few weeks trying to install devkitppc for ubuntu. This site is not user friendly and there seems to be little documentation for ubuntu installs.

I finally found the all elusive download by searching. When I went to run the install in buildscripts a few package links were broken so I had to update thoes links. I finally got everything downloaded and the install started but not I keep getting an error saying

lib.a: No such file or directory

I keep searching the code but I can't find anything that helps me figure out this problem.

HELP?!?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: devkitppc and ubuntu 10.4 - Help requested

Post by WinterMute » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm

We had a server crash a while ago and we're still in the middle of rebuilding the site, sorry.

You're probably best doing a manual install with the binaries. As I've said elsewhere some people have problems with the buildscripts and it takes way too much time to debug these things remotely.

http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started/devkitPPC
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

kr651129

Re: devkitppc and ubuntu 10.4 - Help requested

Post by kr651129 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:22 pm

WinterMute wrote:We had a server crash a while ago and we're still in the middle of rebuilding the site, sorry.

You're probably best doing a manual install with the binaries. As I've said elsewhere some people have problems with the buildscripts and it takes way too much time to debug these things remotely.

http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started/devkitPPC
Thanks for the info, I'm at work so I don't have specific examples, but from what I remember when I tried these steps, the tarball extracted two files that I did not know how to work with, I think they were arm ext's?