My 32bit devkitPro is trying to update to 64bit

support for the powerpc toolchain
owen

My 32bit devkitPro is trying to update to 64bit

Post by owen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:55 pm

My 32bit devkitPro is trying to update to 64bit but my system is 32bit. How do I prevent this? Also when I try to search the web for "devkitpro" the files on https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/ it says the files are not found. but then I searched "devkitProUpdater-2.1.1.exe" which seems like the last 32bit version but its still trying to update to 64bit and I cant it to just give me the latest libogc-*****.tar.bz2 files - maybe there are none I am not sure. Whats the last version of 32bit devkitPPC and how do I make it stay 32bit? I am currently on devkitPPC_r29-1-win32.exe on XP/Win7.
Attachments
devkitProUpdate.ini
(172 Bytes) Downloaded 832 times
devkitProUpdate.ini
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 742 times

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: My 32bit devkitPro is trying to update to 64bit

Post by WinterMute » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:57 pm

windows XP has been EOL'd, it's not a good idea to still be using it.

devkitPro is an organisation that provides toolchains & libraries, our installer keeps our tools and libraries updated although lately we're using pacman.

We're no longer providing 32bit binaries for any platform, sorry. If you want to stay 32bit then I'm afraid you're stuck with whatever version you're currently using. We don't currently have any plans to provide 32bit tools.

Is your hardware actually 32bit? Your windows 7 license should allow you to install the 64bit edition.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

owen

Re: My 32bit devkitPro is trying to update to 64bit

Post by owen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:59 am

Yes, actual 32bit hardware. Its probably a 15year old celeron or something similar. I dont need the latest stuff which should be an understatement since I am running XP which is EOL by microsoft. I just need to know where the 32bit version stops and keep it at that point without it doing anything else. its trying to upgrade to binaries which wont work on my setup (xp nor w7).