how do i upload the firmware?

Arnaud

how do i upload the firmware?

Post by Arnaud » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi people, I'm Arnaud (french boy, so sorry for my english).

I bought last year a Dserial², because i'm interested in learning some stuff about microcontrollers and programmation. I have some electronics knowledge and i know the C language basics. (I also got a DS and a M3perfect (slot2) linker)

Now that i've got some time to work on it, I just got the device out of the package lol
so if I understood well, the bootloader is already on the MCU, but i have to "install" the firmware on it right?
I downloaded the "DSerial Firmware and DS Sample Code" pack from NaWiki. But in the firmware folder there is a lot of stuff and no clue about how to install it. What file am I supposed to run on my linker to install the firmware on the Dserial?

My final project is to connect my computer to the DS (usb, serial or whatever but wifi) in order to use the DS as a Monitor for the computer. No interaction with the buttons, just display for the moment. I guess it is possible, but i don't know yet how to achieve that or if it's tricky.

Thanks in advance for the answers, I'm really wanting to learn.

Sonny_Jim

Re: how do i upload the firmware?

Post by Sonny_Jim » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 pm

What file am I supposed to run on my linker to install the firmware on the Dserial?
There's an NDS in /dserial-edge-1.3/nds/dserial-example/ that has the firmware embedded in it, run it and you can use that to upload the firmware.

Arnaud

Re: how do i upload the firmware?

Post by Arnaud » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:18 am

Thank you, I could update my firmware, and by the way I read a lot about DS programming, I was able to make a little program that reads the tilt sensor data and makes a cross on the upper screen following the x/y axis of the accelerometers. I could also make a little fun application using some buttons and LEDs with the GPIO pins. My next step is to manage to read data from a Wii motion plus with the Dserial².
Thanks again, now it's becoming interesting :)