Nintendo DS and Android interaction

Posts that don't fit in the other forums
Fritzendugan

Nintendo DS and Android interaction

Post by Fritzendugan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 am

I'm new to the forum and wasn't sure where this would go. I hope this is the right place.

I've recently been getting into mobile development. Specifically, I have an android tablet and several nintendo DSes (the original and lite variants). I'm new to homebrew, and slightly less new to android, but I'm working my way to becoming familiar with both. Something that really intrigues me is the possibility to have the two interact, probably via wireless-lan. I can think of lots of applications, anything from using the ds as a controller to just plain multi-platform game interraction, or even using the tablet as some type of server for content/gaming. I don't plan on delving right into these applications straight-away, I understand something like this is fairly complicated. I'd like to get started with some type of proof-of-concept, though.

I'm trying to collect as much information as I can on the topic. Has this or anything similar been done before? Do you guys have any tips on where I should start and/or any valuable resources? Sorry if this post seems too "newbish," and I appreciate your patience/help :)

elhobbs

Re: Nintendo DS and Android interaction

Post by elhobbs » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:21 am

the dswifi library supports TCP/IP and UDP connections using sockets. the ds needs to be connected to an access point for dswifi to function.