linker error: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

zapp

linker error: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

Post by zapp » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,
I am trying to compile a little program I have written. I am using tonclib and the tonc text engine. However the linker throws the following errors:

Code: Select all

Linking cartridge
arm-none-eabi-gcc -specs=gba.specs -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -Wl,-Map,rpg_demo_test_compile.map gfx_rain_2.o gfx_rain_3.o gfx_rain_4.o gfx_randy.o gfx_rain_1.o gfx_randy_shadow.o gfx_night.o gfx_world.o gfx_rabite.o engine_background_packer.o adt_double_linked_list.o engine_camera.o obj_randy.o engine_sprite.o engine_background.o main.o obj_randy_shadow.o obj_rabite.o   -L/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile -L/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib -ltonc -lm -o /home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf	
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib/libtonc.a(tte_main.o): In function `tte_cmd_next':
tte_main.c:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib/libtonc.a(tte_main.o): In function `tte_cmd_default':
tte_main.c:(.text+0x614): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
tte_main.c:(.text+0x7b4): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonc_rules:41: recipe for target '/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf] Error 1
Makefile:155: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2
I already read this thread https://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?t=1600, and tried to add -lg to the linker flags, however this did not work.

The code with the Makefile did compile and link correctly in the past, but not anymore.

Can someone please help me?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: linker error: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

Post by WinterMute » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm

libtonc needs rebuilt with latest toolchain.

I've added a libtonc package so you can install that with pacman -S libtonc then use -I$(DEVKITPRO)/libtonc/include for your includes & -L$(DEVKITPRO)/libtonc/lib for your libraries.

I'll have a look at adding templates & the tonc example code later, just need to check over some things with Cearn.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

zapp

Re: linker error: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'

Post by zapp » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Wow, how embarrassing that I didn't think of this.

Thanks Dave, that solved my issue.