Crt0 suggestions

Sterophonick

Crt0 suggestions

Post by Sterophonick » Mon May 21, 2018 3:07 pm

I have wanted to have a proper header in the crt0 for the gba for quite a while now, and it just seems to be annoying to have to use gbafix every single rom i make. Is there a possibility that this could be added in future releases?
I would like to have multiboot functionality availible in the source cide of the gba rom itself, and when the flag was set, the rom would be compiled as multiboot, instead of having a different command line option. Is there any way to do this?

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: Crt0 suggestions

Post by WinterMute » Tue May 22, 2018 2:25 am

Sterophonick wrote:I have wanted to have a proper header in the crt0 for the gba for quite a while now, and it just seems to be annoying to have to use gbafix every single rom i make. Is there a possibility that this could be added in future releases?
The GBA crt0 already has a proper header. gbafix calculates the necessary checksum on the final binary, it's an essential part of the build process.
I would like to have multiboot functionality availible in the source cide of the gba rom itself, and when the flag was set, the rom would be compiled as multiboot, instead of having a different command line option. Is there any way to do this?
This isn't possible, no. Different linkscripts are used to link multiboot binaries vs cart binaries with different base addresses & layouts.

The provided Makefiles in the examples automate all this so you shouldn't really need to worry about it.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog