View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 linker error: undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__' 

Hi,
I am trying to compile a little program I have written. I am using tonclib and the tonc text engine. However the linker throws the following errors:

Code:
Linking cartridge
arm-none-eabi-gcc -specs=gba.specs -mthumb-interwork -mthumb -Wl,-Map,rpg_demo_test_compile.map gfx_rain_2.o gfx_rain_3.o gfx_rain_4.o gfx_randy.o gfx_rain_1.o gfx_randy_shadow.o gfx_night.o gfx_world.o gfx_rabite.o engine_background_packer.o adt_double_linked_list.o engine_camera.o obj_randy.o engine_sprite.o engine_background.o main.o obj_randy_shadow.o obj_rabite.o   -L/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile -L/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib -ltonc -lm -o /home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf   
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib/libtonc.a(tte_main.o): In function `tte_cmd_next':
tte_main.c:(.text+0x240): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonclib/lib/libtonc.a(tte_main.o): In function `tte_cmd_default':
tte_main.c:(.text+0x614): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
tte_main.c:(.text+0x7b4): undefined reference to `__ctype_ptr__'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile//tonc_rules:41: recipe for target '/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/pepe/Desktop/gba_dev/rpg_demo_test_compile/rpg_demo_test_compile.elf] Error 1
Makefile:155: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2

I already read this thread https://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?t=1600, and tried to add -lg to the linker flags, however this did not work.

The code with the Makefile did compile and link correctly in the past, but not anymore.

Can someone please help me?

Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm
Site Admin

libtonc needs rebuilt with latest toolchain.

I've added a libtonc package so you can install that with pacman -S libtonc then use -I$(DEVKITPRO)/libtonc/include for your includes & -L$(DEVKITPRO)/libtonc/lib for your libraries.

I'll have a look at adding templates & the tonc example code later, just need to check over some things with Cearn.

devkitPro IRC support
Personal Blog

Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Wow, how embarrassing that I didn't think of this.

Thanks Dave, that solved my issue.

Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]