[Mac OS X] arm-none-eabi-gcc unrecognized command-line option '-mmacosx-version-min=10.14'

lien

[Mac OS X] arm-none-eabi-gcc unrecognized command-line option '-mmacosx-version-min=10.14'

Post by lien » Sat May 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi there, sorry for this abrupt first post without presenting myself... I promise I will do later :)

I have a gba project that I worked on until around 6 months ago, you can check it here https://github.com/Shyri/gba-bt-hid/tree/master/gba
It was compiling with no problem. During this time I had to update several things in my mac, xcode among them and I think this is causing the issue and now I can't compile the project, it just spits:
arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option '-mmacosx-version-min=10.14'
I tried using GNU Make 3.81 and GNU Make 4.2.1

I updated today to the last devkitARM and still not working. I can build my gamecube projects though

Thank you for your help and this amazing tools :)

WinterMute
Site Admin

Re: [Mac OS X] arm-none-eabi-gcc unrecognized command-line option '-mmacosx-version-min=10.14'

Post by WinterMute » Tue May 26, 2020 1:31 am

This kind of thing is precisely why we recommend not using cmake and using our stock makefile based templates instead. There are far too many annoying foibles that get in the way when attempting to use cmake with cross compilers across different OS combinations.

You'll find the libgba one at /opt/devkitpro/examples/gba/template in your install.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

lien

Re: [Mac OS X] arm-none-eabi-gcc unrecognized command-line option '-mmacosx-version-min=10.14'

Post by lien » Sat May 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Yeah I know I shouldn't be using cmake, the problem is I'm so used to IntelliJ IDEA that I want to use CLion for these little projects. I kind of solved the problem. It is still not perfect but it allows me to continue working so I'll give some details just in case somebody has the same issue. For building the binary I'm just using template's Makefile as WinterMute said. Still for CLion to be able to navigate through code and libraries CMake file must be there, I had to add a new Toolchain entry in CLion specifying compilers paths to arm-none-eabi-gcc and arm-none-eabi-g++ from devkitARM directory. That solved the problem and I'm still able to navigate through code usin CLion. Syncing CMake will replace Makefile's so I have to keep a backup to replace every time I need to sync, ffliportunately not too often. kind of sloppy but makes the trick for me.

Thanks!!

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:31 pm

I honestly have no idea why you'd choose a subscription based IDE no matter how good it's code completion and static analysis is. Not really a big fan of the business model that gives students free stuff, gets them hooked & gets corporations to pay for their fix later either.

They do seem to have finally got around to understanding that sometimes people do just want to run make though.

https://blog.jetbrains.com/clion/2020/0 ... -in-clion/
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog