Help starting with libnds please?

NoMonkeyBusiness

Help starting with libnds please?

Post by NoMonkeyBusiness » Thu May 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi there!
I am a 22 year old aspiring game programmer from Sweden. I've previously coded three games, out of wich two have been in teams.
so I'm not exactly a senior, but I'm learning. Now I've got this burning desire to start coding for the DS. I found a couple of tutorials and started reading.
The thing is, and this is my problem, that none of them goes through how to set up the project with all the includes, wich type of project should i start and so on.
I am using Visual Studio 2005/2008, and I tried following these instructions: http://www.devkitpro.org/visual-c++-express.shtml, wich only resulted in the highly
mysterious error "Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 255 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.".
I think a part of my problems is that I have never worked with makefiles and do not understans why one would do that.

So please. Teach me, if you will.
Peace

vuurrobin

Re: Help starting with libnds please?

Post by vuurrobin » Thu May 21, 2009 10:28 pm

the makefile is used to automate the entire proces of compiling and linking the code for the arm 7 and 9 binarys, adding those binarys together with a correct header ect. it can also convert images and other files automaticly.

I have little to no experience with visual studio, so I cant say if its something with VS not calling make correctly or something else... can you try to compile 1 of the examples using just make and the command line (or a batch file)