Help with configuring a makefile with libnds

pheenix-game-studios

Help with configuring a makefile with libnds

Post by pheenix-game-studios » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:50 pm

Ok, I am new to DS development, but not new to programming. I am having a little trouble with recompiling a complete source package with makefiles and everything.

Heres the skinny:

Parallax software released the source code for Descent 1 and Descent 2. A guy by the online handle of kayvenm ported the game over to the DS, and has done a great job of it. The problem is, he has stopped working on it for the longest time, and I want to continue the project. By the way, the project name is DScent. I am using VS 2008 Express, and I have recreated the folder structure in a new project, but when I try to compile, cmd.exe returns code 255, and a google search led nowhere.

Can anyone help me? The source code is freely available here. DS-cent.com on the homepage. (I apologize for the state of the site... its new and I am adding content as i have the time....
I had to delete the extension, as my webhost would not support it otherwise... just rename the file to dscent.zip, and you can unpack it...

Please, I really need help configuring this... thanks for all your help!!

davr

Re: Help with configuring a makefile with libnds

Post by davr » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Are you able to compile any of the examples that come with devkitARM? That would be a first step in getting things working.