Lil help to a begginer :)

GTASA.NDS

Re: Lil help to a begginer :)

Post by GTASA.NDS » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:40 pm

lol you guys really are boring and selfish ppl wow.... you dont encourage me you just make me feel worse wow wtf?? o well.
My mission is to recreate Grand theft auto san andreas on ndsi using call of duty modern warfare quality graphics (the game for ds)

zeromus

Post by zeromus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm encouraging you to do things in an order which makes sense. That's the same thing as discouraging you from doing things in an order which doesn't make sense. If that makes you feel worse, then it sounds like a personal problem.

StevenH

Post by StevenH » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 am

GTASA.NDS wrote:FYI i wanna make a loader cuz my r4i suck at loading games so i wanna make a seperate loader lol thats why i wanna make 1. Im an unfortunate owner of the r4i with the mario on front of the box. It works great on my media files and also in the homebrews but not so well on booting games and playing them. So.... im gonna start with my research and then after i make the loader im gonna start on simple games then keep moving up until i make the gta.
Hmmm Well I'll give you a head's up now - you're not going to get very far with this endeavor of creating a launcher for any number of reasons, which include, but are not limited to:
  • Lack of knowledge on how the games work
  • Lack of coding experience with a DS
  • Lack of understanding of what actually goes on in a launcher application
  • Not listening to people that are giving you good advice and trying to help you
  • Talking about warez on a forum that does not have anything to do with warez, and where one of the rules is no warez talk
What I would do if I was you is to start as zeromus said with some simple games, and work upto the advanced stuff, as you're attempting to do something that I would never attempt without some serious knowledge on how the DS works at every level.
GTASA.NDS wrote:lol you guys really are boring and selfish ppl wow.... you dont encourage me you just make me feel worse wow wtf?? o well.
Boring and selfish - really?

All I've seen has been good advice presented in a upbeat manner, I've been in IRC chats with zeromus where his mannerisms have been a lot worse than what your reading on here, in fact I think zeromus is actually holding back a little as well.

GTASA.NDS

Post by GTASA.NDS » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 pm

I do have background knowledge in 3d modeling and creating games 3d games for computers and i know quite a bit. Thats why im trying to make gts sa for the nds i think i can adjust to the nds requirements and make the game. Its not hard i already made a few cj low poly models that actually looks nice. The car models are also very low poly and they look quite good im just asking whats should i adjust myself to.
My mission is to recreate Grand theft auto san andreas on ndsi using call of duty modern warfare quality graphics (the game for ds)

MisterFuzzy

Post by MisterFuzzy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Just so you know...

It really doesn't matter how much experience you have on PC. I program PC games too, but the switch to DS was both the best and worst decisons of my life. First thing you need to realize is that this isn't a nice little high-end C++ library. This is a very low-end C/C++ library, and there are very few functions that will do your work for you here. Second off, just having knowledge of how to make models doesn't mean that you can use them on DS. DS doesn't natively support stuff like .x or .3ds files.

Making a loader or GTA ripoff BEFORE a hello world doesn't make sense.

Yes, that's right. You can't hide that it isn't a ripoff. You named yourself GTASA.NDS for PAlib's sake! ( for those who cant figure it out, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas . NDS )