How to change game description?

zeromus

Re: How to change game description?

Post by zeromus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 am

My counselor says that when someone tells me that, I am supposed to apologize, even if I didn't understand what's going on, because when it comes to things like that, everyone else is right and I am wrong, no matter how contrariwise it seems. So I'm sorry. Can you give me an address to send flowers to? My mom says I should ask that. And if you're a guy, I am supposed to buy you a beer. Maybe you would settle for a gift card for bennigans? Now I really am sorry, I just don't know what to do here.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:31 am

Or just in case you missed the underlying message here, the answer Ritz gave you was correct and if you'd followed his advice instead of making assumptions then you'd have encountered much less sarcasm. We don't appreciate users who claim answers to their questions are wrong when they obviously haven't even attempted to make use of the answer.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

Rexhunter99

Post by Rexhunter99 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 am

zeromus wrote:My counselor says that when someone tells me that, I am supposed to apologize, even if I didn't understand what's going on, because when it comes to things like that, everyone else is right and I am wrong, no matter how contrariwise it seems. So I'm sorry. Can you give me an address to send flowers to? My mom says I should ask that. And if you're a guy, I am supposed to buy you a beer. Maybe you would settle for a gift card for bennigans? Now I really am sorry, I just don't know what to do here.
Now I don't really need this kind of treatment zeromus, I know this is the internet, not happy rainbow land where pixies prance and what not, but you don't have to be sarcastic and cruel.
WinterMute wrote:Or just in case you missed the underlying message here, the answer Ritz gave you was correct and if you'd followed his advice instead of making assumptions then you'd have encountered much less sarcasm. We don't appreciate users who claim answers to their questions are wrong when they obviously haven't even attempted to make use of the answer.
Are you directing this at me? I feel like everyone is referring to me as the original poster, Zeromus is attacking me for asking a question when I hadn't and you are doing the same thing, just far less patronizing than he.

What has happened thus far:

* OP asked how to change the game description.
* Ritz answered the OP's question
* I challenged Ritz due to misleading data in files I had.
* Ritz corrected me
* I fixed the problem on my end, end of discussion
* Zeromus comes in and begins to make sarcastic assumptions and comments
* Wintermute comes in and seems to refer to me as the OP who has not payed attention, when in fact I have.

Lesson learned here, I shouldn't respond to anyone unless they are directly posting with my name in their post, so I know they are referring to me, because I am really confused right now.
Move over Mario... and cruise by Crash... Croc Rocks!
It's a serious adventure 3D platformer for all retro gamers to drool over =D

zeromus

Post by zeromus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:20 am

Here's the lesson you should have learned: every post is a learning opportunity, not an excuse to be sensitive and fight back. Look for the wisdom until you see it and assume good faith. Whether you see it or not is irrelevant to whether it is there. I assure you it has been in every single post in this thread. Maybe the wisdom is only this: sarcasm and mistreatment is the natural consequence of a mis-step, and trying to defend against it is further mis-step which invites further sarcasm.