How to merge wav files?

doonay21

How to merge wav files?

Post by doonay21 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 am

Hello,

quick thingy:

I would like to play several wav files in exact order, one after the other. What would be the best way to accomplish this? I looked through maxmod Doc. but I could not find any help there. Could anybody help?

elhobbs

Re: How to merge wav files?

Post by elhobbs » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 pm

one way would be to use the custom streaming method in maxmod - there may be easier methods though. it gets a little tougher if the files are all at different sampling rates.

doonay21

Post by doonay21 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:29 pm

Luckily all waves are recorded with the same rate etc. I will look through streaming many thanks or pointing that out! To give You better understanding of what I would like to accomplish here is an example:

I have 15 wave files to use for my application, and user would have to choose 3 of them, and all 3 should be played one after the other with no pause between them.. Well simple yet hard ;) It would be gorgeous if somebody will share some help with me :)

zeromus

Post by zeromus » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 am

you know the lengths of the sounds. schedule them to play based on their lengths and pay very close attention to the time. thats probably the easiest way to get close to what you want.

going the streaming route is probably doable. it should be a straightforward modification to any streaming example that you can find.