execution context for interrupts

juli1

execution context for interrupts

Post by juli1 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:53 am

Hello all,

I'm currently working on the port of RTEMS (see http://www.rtems.com) on Nintendo DS. RTEMS was already ported using an old version of libnds but is seems to have some bugs. So, I try to figure out what is going on and how I can fix the current version of RTEMS.

It seems that the execution context of the interrupts is not correctly configured in RTEMS. In fact, if an interrupt is triggered, execution is stopped and emulator such as desmume crashes and report an execution error. So, I'm wondering what is the procedure to initialize the interrupt execution context and what is the current configuration within libnds (meaning, how libnds configure the execution context for the interrupt functions - stack, etc ...).

Thanks for any help regarding this topic,

Best,

zeromus

Re: execution context for interrupts

Post by zeromus » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 pm

but you solved this by putting the console init before the first printk

juli1

Post by juli1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Yep, indeed, and you helped me a lot on this topic !

Now, everything seems to work more or less fine. The problem I face now is regarding the wireless connection. In the past, the wireless connection used to work. But now, I don't know why, it seems to be broken.

The RTEMS application I used relies on dswifi and libnds. Both versions of these packages are quite old (dswifi 0.3.4 and an old version of ds wifi released in the beginning of 2008 or end of 2007). In fact, when I run my wireless configuration, the system stucks when invoking Wifi_AssocStatus : it always returns ASSOCSTATUS_SEARCHING. On the other hand, I use Wifi_Autoconnect() to use the parameters from the console (and I can play marioKart on the internet so I assumed the configuration is ok). So, the console never connect or even report a connection issue, it is stuck when invoking Wifi_AssocStatus.

So, I would like to know if the configuration parameters changed or if an update of the console/firmware may introduce some regressions so that earliest version of dswifi may not work correctly on recent hardware ? Did somebody experience similar issues ?

Thanks for any comments/hints regarding that,

Best,

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

It's best if you actually use the latest libraries if at all possible, dswifi has been updated several times for new/updated libnds features and at least once for chipset revisions since 0.3.4.

I had a brief hunt around the RTEMS CVS but I don't see DS stuff in there, is it available somewhere I'm not looking?
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog