Can't scan X_KEY since update

0xdbeef

Can't scan X_KEY since update

Post by 0xdbeef » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:21 pm

My previous devkitPro version was from around February 2018, I upgraded it today (using pacman), built my project again and everything is okay except for scanning keys - it scans B_KEY but totally ignores X_KEY and Y_DOWN. It's same on both desmume and my NDS with moonshell.

Did something changed since then? My code is exactly the same, had no compiler errors while building after switching to new version.

Many thanks thanks for looking at this problem!

elhobbs

Re: Can't scan X_KEY since update

Post by elhobbs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:44 am

do you have custom arm7 code? it sounds like something may be interfering with getting the button state from x and y from arm7. the latest updates for dsi mode compatibility may be need some adjustments in your code.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:41 pm

0xdbeef wrote:My previous devkitPro version was from around February 2018, I upgraded it today (using pacman)
You don't have a previous devkitPro version - we're an organisation dedicated to producing toolchains and making it easier for people to create homebrew.
https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started wrote:Please note: devkitPro is the organisation that provides the tools. We are not a software package, we don't have version numbers and the only way to have us compile your code is to pay us (or maybe if you ask nicely when you need help figuring out an issue)
As for your input issue. Unfortunately it looks like there's some oddness in the packaging which has caused a problem with the arm7 code. I'm looking at it now, will hopefully have a fix later today.

Apologies for the broken code.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog

0xdbeef

Post by 0xdbeef » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Sorry for that, there's just some wrongly fixed connection in my brain that from time to time whispers me "devkitPro is a software package". :lol:

Thank you for addressing the problem, I appreciate that, you are doing great work.

WinterMute
Site Admin

Post by WinterMute » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:22 am

All fixed. If you use pacman -Syu it should hopefully update & fix your issue.
Help keep devkitPro toolchains free, Donate today

Personal Blog